Defcort steroid side effects

Orally administered deflazacort appears to be well absorbed and is immediately converted by plasma esterases to the pharmacologically active metabolite (D 21-OH) which achieves peak plasma concentrations in to 2 hours. It is 40% protein-bound and has no affinity for corticosteroid-binding-globulin (transcortin). Its elimination plasma half-life is to hours. Elimination takes place primarily through the kidneys; 70% of the administered dose is excreted in the urine. The remaining 30% is eliminated in the faeces. Metabolism of D 21-OH is extensive; only 18% of urinary excretion represents D 21-OH. The metabolite of D 21-OH, deflazacort 6-beta-OH, represents one third of the urinary elimination.

Defcort steroid side effects

defcort steroid side effects

Media: